Limited Warranty Policy
1. Limited Service Warranty - Each product repaired or overhauled by Pacific Southwest Instruments (PSI) will be free from defects in material and workmanship introduced during PSI repair or overhaul work, under normal use, subject to the conditions and requirements of paragraphs 2 through 7 below.
2. Warranty Period -- PSI will, at its option, either repair or replace any item serviced by PSI that is found to be defective under the Limited Service Warranty within the time period specified below.
Overhaul Products: 12 months or 1000 hours, whichever occurs first.
Repaired Products: 6 months or 300 hours, whichever occurs first.
Bench Test/Recertification: No warranty shall apply.
3. Customer Responsibility -- It shall be the customer's responsibility when returning a product for warranty consideration to:
a) Advise date of installation.
b) Advise date of failure and hours of operation.
c) Advise nature of the failure.
d) Return unit before the applicable warranty expires.
e) Return unit with no broken seals, alterations, signs of abuse, or improper installation.
f) Ship via AirFreight and NOT via Parcel Post or truck
(except when customer is within PSI’s local vicinity).
4. Cost of transportation, is excluded.
5. All returns must be shipped prepaid to PSI packed in the original or comparable packing and shipped by a reliable means.
6. This warranty shall not apply to any unit or part thereof which, in the judgement of PSI, has not been installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, or has been subject to misuse, contamination, negligence, or incident.
7. PSI liability under this Limited Service Warranty is limited to the net price paid to PSI by the customer for such product or service proved defective or, at PSI option, to the repair or replacement of such equipment upon return to PSI in accordance with the terms and requirements of the foregoing policy. Except as expressly stated above, PSI makes no warranty as to products or services, express or implied, and PSI specifically disclaims all other warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The foregoing limited warranties are given and accepted in lieu of any and all other warranties, guarantees, obligations, rights and remedies, express or implied, whether based in negligence, contract, strict liability, tort, or otherwise. In no event will PSI be liable for any incidental, consequential, or special damages or charges including labor expended in isolating the failure nor the removal or reinstallation of the unit.
When PSI provides a warranty replacement for a defective unit, the warranty is continued for the warranty period of the original purchase. If no defect is found with the returned unit, the customer will be held responsible for the cost of testing, recertification, parts, and labor incurred to return the unit to overhauled condition.
Overhaul Exchange Policy
When an overhaul exchange unit is purchased from PSI, our customer receives a unit that has been serviced and fully certified for airworthiness to manufacturer’s standards. In exchange, our customer returns to PSI a like repairable unit (Core) for subsequent overhaul and to return to PSI inventory for future exchanges. PSI takes possession of the core as its property.
Core returns must have the same part number as the exchange unit, unless other arrangements are made at the time of purchase. If an unlike part number is received as a core without prior arrangements being made, PSI reserves the right to bill the customer the full outright sales price and return the unacceptable core.
All core units are subject to inspection and approval of PSI’s quality department. Core and overhaul units must be received "as removed" from the aircraft, and in rebuildable condition. If the unit is not in an acceptable condition, the flat rate exchange price is not applicable. The customer will be notified and a suitable settlement will be negotiated. Unacceptable conditions may be defined as, but not limited to a unit with unlike part numbers or that has been dropped, submerged, contaminated, overheated, or has abnormal wear.
Prompt return of cores is crucial to maintain available stock levels that permit us to supply exchange needs on a short and timely basis. Cores should be received within 7 days unless prior arrangements have been made or the transaction is considered to be an outright sale.
Exchange units returned unused may be subject to a recertification and restocking fee.
1. Please ship all instruments and equipment (cores, repair units, and warranty units) directly to:
Pacific Southwest Instruments
1721 Railroad Street
Corona, CA 92878 USA
PSI Exchange Agreement should be included with the unit to insure proper and timely disposition of unit.
2. Please cap all holes in pneumatic equipment and electrical connectors.
3. Ship all units in rigid boxes marked "fragile." Pack in original or comparable packing by surrounding each unit with a minimum (4") four inches of soft foam rubber between each instrument and carton, on all sides, top, and bottom. Failure to do so may result in voided warranty. Bubble wrap, paper, or Styrofoam peanuts are not acceptable packing materials.
4. Include detailed reason for return in the shipping box.
5. Preferred shipping is by AirFreight, never Parcel Post.
6. Please send all shipments prepaid. PSI does not accept C.O.D. shipments.
Receiving information If any shipment from PSI is received with shipping damage, please notify PSI and file a claim with the carrier immediately. All units shipped prepaid by PSI within the U.S., are insured only for minimum amount. Additional insurance is the responsibility of the customer. Terms of Payment
If your company has established credit with PSI, invoices must be paid within the guidelines set forth by our Credit Department. If an account has not been established, applications are available upon request. For credit information, please contact our Credit Department at PSI. MasterCard, Visa and American Express credit cards are accepted. All other transactions will be handled on a C.O.D. basis, unless previous arrangements are made.